Sunday, February 5, 2012

YANAP:


link

23 THOUGHTS ON “I SO WAS GOING TO DO THIS

    • No kidding. I thought he really was swimming there for awhile and wondered how they got such vivid colors on the fish while making the kid’s hair look dry at the same time.
  1. There is a photographer.. well, she may not even be a photographer, just a lady with a baby and a camera, anyway she would do things SIMILAR to this. I wish I could think of what her website is.. Anyway, hers were pretty cool. I’ll bet thats where these people got this idea. Too bad its just plain awful… the fact that this isnt just a bored mom and this person actually posted this picture to their facebook fan page is.. well just sad
    • Yeah…I know who you are talking about. It really went around the web the last few years. She never claimed to be a pro…just a mom (with a lot of time on her hands, apparently!) doing the pics for her own satisfaction. I thought of her too, when I saw this. Not to judge her, but that’s not how I’d want to spend my baby’s naptime!
      I can’t imagine who’d pay for this swimming pic.
  2. This is a poor imitation of Sandy Skoglund’s surrealistic photo “Revenge of the Goldfish”.
    It looks like someone bought a coffee table book on famous photographers and said, “Aw, that’s easy!”
  3. Jessica is right there is a momtog who has a blog I think I saw the story on yahoo some time ago. It’s their knock off of that. She uses every day things around her house to photo her kiddo. She did one where they were in space etc. This is a sad attempt at that I’m sure.
  4. The thing is… He’s wearing swimmys. So either the fish are above water, or his swimmys are failing him….like this picture.
  5. It’s cheesy looking but I think the whole effect is campy enough to work. I mean, it’s obvious the kid isn’t swimming and the fish aren’t real etc., so you just acknowledge the fact and see the humor in the idea.
    I know someone was referring to the sleeping baby pics where the person set up a clothesline effect … I can’t find it now but it was a clever idea. And yeah, this copies it, but so what? I can live with this.

There are tons more images, but it won't let me show them except one at a time. In a hurry, so this will do until later.


/www.google.com/search?q=Sandy+Skoglund+surrealistic+photo+“Revenge+of+the+Goldfish”.&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvnso&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=fDYvT7OJEa7aiQKwttTgCg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBUQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=628

Isn't this a more focused response?  You are all visual artists. I am a writer.  Why can I communicate in your medium but many of you seem to need an editor or writing coach before you can express yourselves cogently and vividly?

No comments:

Post a Comment