Friday, January 13, 2012

RHU: How not to make a good impression the first day of a new job.


Lesson on how NOT to make an impression on your new boss when you're on trial as a deputy department manager....slice the end of your finger off on the Deli slicer and have to be driven to the ER for stitches and a Tetanus shot. By the end of it the store 2IC was almost the same shade of green as her uniform shirt!! Kudos to her for sticking around as they poked me full of needles and sutures. Her parting comment: "that just made me never want to have kids cos I never want to got thru that again with one of them!" HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!!!
 ·  ·  · 7 hours ago near Bunbury, Western Australia

  • Maxi Brandt likes this.

    • Maxi Brandt Ah yes...slicing off fingers...Or breaking off the top part while making beds...Nothing out of the usual...
      3 hours ago · 

    • Joi Cardinal Oooh! I've got one! The first time I used the microtome at my lab-mouse-brain processor job at the neuropharmacology research lab where I worked for a while during college, I said something like "shiny!" and reached out a finger to touch it. And promptly sliced a deep cut in said finger! Gushed blood all over until I could grab some lab wipes and wrap it up. It was a dramatic cut, but the finger only needed a bandage. Of course I was useless for a few days. Why did it have to be my right hand? They gave me easy scutwork to do or just let me sit at my desk and work on the correspondence course I was taking to get a few more credits toward my degree, but I could not manage my usual tasks of washing glassware using concentrated NH4OH and lots of distilled water or testing the motor function of mice by making them dangle from a tightrope. The mice did not like that weird bandaged finger one bit. So the government (it was a VA lab} paid me to sit and study for a couple weeks. The principal investigator and the other tech were really kind, but I felt like a useless, overpaid lump.
      2 seconds ago · 


No comments:

Post a Comment